Transcription is the process of converting audio into text. It is either done manually by a transcriptionist or with the help of software. Today, medical, legal, business, academic, etc., fields opt for transcription services. However, interview transcription is the most sought-after service across all the fields.
What is interview transcription?
Interview transcription refers to transcribing (writing) the conversation between the interviewer and the interviewee and presenting it as a transcript. Interview transcription services include transcribing research interviews, job interviews, group discussions, radio interviews, telephonic interviews, focus group interviews, and more.
Top 4 reasons to transcribe an interview
- Transcribe the essentials: The interview many have essential details that may sometimes be missed out on. It is, therefore, best to transcribe it, so that it is readily available for future reference or review.
- Time saver: The interview transcript contains all the questions that should be asked to assess the candidate’s capabilities. Thus, the interviewer need not spend a lot of time recalling the questions or any other vital information.
- Easily shareable: The transcripts can be easily shared via email or in hard copies to other decision-makers who may be involved in the following parts of the interview process. They can quickly glance over the transcript to get insights into the candidature.
- SEO springboard: You can include the essential keywords in the transcript. This helps in improving brand visibility and enhances viewership when the transcript is uploaded on the website or shared on social media.
Tips for transcribing an interview easily
- Active listening: The transcriptionist listens and transcribes the entire recording attentively. Once completed, another round of review is carried out to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.
- Choose your preferred transcription method: There are three main types of transcription: VERBATIM, Intelligent Verbatim, and Clean transcription. You must choose the type that best suits your objective.
- The right toolkit: Always ensure you use state-of-the-art tools and the latest software to transcribe a recording. A good pair of headphones, an updated audio player, etc., make the transcription process more effortless and efficient.
- Create your first draft: You must start transcribing the interview with all the necessary tools and create the first draft. However, it need not be flawless. At this stage, you must only ensure you have captured all the details.
- Edit the draft for clarity and conciseness: The next step is to edit the draft. Eliminate all the language and grammatical errors. The flow and structure of the text should be correct. The transcript must be clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- Proofread the transcript: The final step is to proofread the transcript to assess its overall quality. Proofreading helps in capturing and rectifying minor errors. It improves the overall readability of the transcript.
What are the benefits of choosing a professional interview transcription service?
- Quality: You are assured of the best quality interview transcripts that are highly accurate. The transcription service provider also ensures the transcripts of the interview are free of major language and grammatical errors. In addition, the transcripts are also well-edited and formatted to make them easy to understand.
- Reliability: The service provider always values your deadlines. You can be sure of receiving premium quality transcripts within the established timelines. The service provider can also assure you of same-day delivery by prioritizing your request, depending on its urgency.
- Expertise: Today, most service providers have a team of subject-matter experts and transcribers specializing in their native languages. So, if you have specific requirements, such as transcribing an interview in multiple languages, the service provider can deliver a seamless multilingual interview transcription service.
- Savings: As the need for an interview transcription service grows, the competition to provide efficient transcription at the best price also rises. As a result, you can benefit from various offers and discounts on transcription services and get your interview transcribed at the best prices.
What should you look for in an interview transcription service provider?
While choosing a transcription service provider, it is best to consider the following factors.
- The transcription service provider must have an ISO-certified quality management system. It means the provider follows the industry best practices and provides high-quality service.
- You should be able to submit any file format of your interview recordings, and the service provider must be flexible in delivering the transcript in a file format as per your specification.
- The service provider must have an ISO/IEC-certified information security system to secure confidential or personally identifiable information (PII) in the interview recordings.
- There must be a guarantee of on-time delivery and agile after-sales service wherein you can easily reach out to the provider in case of any queries or requests.