What is audio transcription?
It is a process of converting audio files such as podcasts, discussions, conferences, audio blogs, interviews, etcetera, into a text form called a transcript. Typically, audio transcription is done by a professional known as a transcriber.
Who is a transcriber?
Put simply, a transcriber transcribes i.e., they have the expertise to present what is being spoken in the audio content in a text form without altering the essentials. Ideally, a transcriber must have:
- Outstanding comprehension skills
- Contextual awareness
- Subject matter expertise
- Language proficiency
- Excellent research skills
What are the benefits of audio–to-text transcription?
- Easily shareable: It is easier to share a text version of your content. You can convert it into an article, eBook, blog, manual, whitepaper, newsletter, etcetera. Your audience can download the text file easily compared to an audio file, which consumes a lot of bandwidth.
- For the record/On the record: Transcribing audio-to-text includes recording the vital information or data mentioned in the audio content. It comes in handy when the audio files get deleted by mistake or do not play due to technical errors. You will at least have the transcript that can be referred to at any time.
- SEO Booster: Today, many businesses opt to translate audio content into text as a critical marketing strategy for improving Search Engine Optimization. One can include the essential keywords to the transcript to enhance its visibility. It helps the brand stay ahead in the search ranking and makes it easier for the audience to easily find the content online.
- Sky’s the limit/Wider Horizons/Go Global: You always have the option of translating your transcript to multiple languages for global audiences. For instance, you can transcribe audio content on the launch of a new product into text which can be further translated into multiple languages. Regardless of their language and location, the audience can easily access the text file and understand your product.
- Better audience engagement/Reel ‘em in: Once the audience better understands your content, they will start interacting with your brand. The hearing impaired can also engage with your brand as they cannot hear your audio content but can certainly read the text version. Consequently, the brand value soars with effective audience engagement.
- Easy accessibility: Audio files require multimedia players or specific tools for the audience to access, unlike a text file. One can also take hard copies of the text content and read them on the go. Audio-to-text transcription is a hassle-free way to access and engage with the content easily.
- Saves time and effort: Penning down your thoughts, ideas, or concepts in long-form is a tedious task, recording it in an audio file and having it transcribed by a professional is a wiser choice. This will save the time spent on writing, editing, and proofreading the content.
What are the important features of an audio transcription services provider?
When choosing your audio transcription services provider, you must look for the following features.
- Timely delivery: The provider must have a quick turnaround time. They should prioritize your deadlines and deliver your transcripts on time without compromising on quality.
- Quality-driven: Quality must be at the core of their services. The language, format, structure, logical flow, and presentation of the transcript must be highly accurate. The providers must assign native language speakers and subject matters experts to transcribe your audio files for high-quality transcription.
- Data security: The audio transcription services provider must have the required information security infrastructure to maintain the confidentiality of your data and information. It is best to check if the provider has achieved ISO certifications for their security systems.
- Flexibility: The audio transcription services provider must be flexible about receiving and delivering the files in your preferred format.
- Versatility: It is always advisable to choose an audio transcription services provider with experience in delivering transcription services for multiple geographies, subject areas, and industries. It shows they have the required team, skills, and expertise in providing top-quality transcription services.
- Availability: It becomes easy for customers to resolve their queries or give feedback if the audio transcription services provider is available and responsive. Ergo, opt for a provider who is available 24/7 and lets you connect via email, chat, or call at your convenience.